Powered By Blogger

Our 1854 Suburban Farm House

Our 1854 Suburban Farm House
So this isn't Home Sweet Home...adjust!!

Baby Blue

Baby Blue
love is all you need...and an old truck!

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Amazing Auction Museum Quality

Sunday was an education in early Canadiana antiques and home decor. It was 8 hours of pure fun! Won some lost some..got to bid on lots,prices were really good! best of all had the day off, unless I can convince Paul that I was working,buying for the shop is work right? Only this particular auction had everything we love and collect :s







The home had been featured in Century Home magazine's April/May 1991 and the auctioneer told us when we were picking our won items up later that night that it looked exactly as it had in the photos. Just like stepping back in time. I'm sure I have the copy of that magazine as I have every copy hoarded away sine the 1980's. If I can find it I will share it with you another day...
I got to hang out with my blogger friend Trish for the day which was fun,except we have the same taste...we are still friends LOL check out her blog here
I will be sure to add pics of our scores soon..so check back,but for now I must get back to decorating the trees in the shop,I am such a procrastinator..I just can't seem to get it done but this Saturday is our Santa Claus Parade so I better in gear..and it is only 39 days away now till he comes!!!Yikes!!

8ft amazing early bench
antique pump

Just sold a washstand,it's been a busy week two big cupboards gone,one being delivered to Peterborough Dec.1st the other is going to a better place as well, it's off to the Beaches this weekend!!! that means more space to fill :)))
going to Peterborough
this pretty girl is going to the Beaches

If you live in the area be sure to attend the Markham  Home for The Holidays Craft Show,two of my vendors are there,Primitives by Jen and Cindy from Christmas Country!
talk soon blog friends,here's a link to the pics from the auction not sure how long it will work,but it's up for now...click here
Natalie
..
U

1 comment:

~The Boyd Homestead Farm~ said...

I had fun hanging out with you too Natalie!! And yes, it was just like stepping back in time at the auction, If I won the lottery, I would have bought the whole auction contents, lol... I haven't met another person who has the same tastes as me, weird how we have so much in common! :)Can't wait to see pics of your winnings! that bench looks much bigger than it did at the auction. I haven't had time to post pics yet of my goodies, I've been working on my livingroom floor, lol, which is almost all uncovered!
Have fun decorating the store for Christmas...EEK, I have even started shopping yet! That's not a good sign when I have 5 kids :(

Thanks for linking my blog through yours!
Hugs, Trish