Powered By Blogger

Our 1854 Suburban Farm House

Our 1854 Suburban Farm House
So this isn't Home Sweet Home...adjust!!

Baby Blue

Baby Blue
love is all you need...and an old truck!

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Hello my name is Natalie and I am an antique & collectable addict LOL

As much as I admire the organized clutter free homes that I see in magazines,I have come to accept that I will NEVER  be able to live that way. I really wish at times that I could give up all the treasures around me but I just have to have something pretty to look at. I can't help it..when I fall in love it's for life LOL something speaks to me and says "take me home" or I see something and think I can do something with that! and I am hooked all over again. If the seasons here in Ontario Canada were always the same I probably wouldn't change my home so much,but with each season new inspiration comes. Nothing compares to the colours of fall,the pumpkins and corn stalks thrill me,then of course it's Winter and Christmas, time to layer up all the blankets and bring out all my prim Santa's which I haven't seen since Jan. After a long cold winter Spring arrives in all it's fresh pretty splendor..out come the summer quilts,white jugs take over the kitchen,my love for birds is apparent..pussy willows and pastels make me happy:) Summer is the continuation with more flowers and colour. This sounds expensive having to rotate everything but it really isn't. You can achieve great results with bits and pieces found outside,bring the outside in. Pussy willows are out now..one of my favourite things ever! and the tulips are coming..even placed in an inexpesive (or recycled jam )jar can look like something special. Having kids rooms to decorate is great the girls have all the whites and pretty things,and the boys get the rustic masculin touches. I can't really define my style because it changes all the time,I am "rustic ,log cabin,primitive" Fall and Winter and "cottage/garden" Spring and Summer..maybe its the Gemini in me LOL
But no matter what the season I am a collector can't help it. My counter tops will never be clear and my house will always have pretty things to look at...clutter I love it!

No comments: